Welcome to another episode of Yoked: Conversations with Real-Life Yogis. We’re moving steadily toward a new season, and here in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s the season of summer reading lists. As I’ve mentioned in the past, summer is when I like to really drop into my personal practice. Because I really love to read (like, really), part of my personal practice means surrounding myself with a stack of books to get lost in. Even though I’ll be super-busy with a newborn in a few months, until then and during quieter times, I’m looking forward to summer book season. In today’s show, I’ll share what’s in the stack of books next to my bed.
What books are you excited about? Do tell!
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Yoga FAQ, by Richard Rosen
- The Bhagavad Gita: A Guide to Navigating the Battle of Life, by Ravi Ravindra
- Vasistha’s Yoga, by Swami Venkatesananda
- The Wisdom of Yoga: A Seeker’s Guide to Extraordinary Living, by Stephen Cope
While we’re at it, here are a few of my all-time favorite yoga books:
- Original Yoga, by Richard Rosen
- Awakening the Spine, by Vanda Scaravelli
- Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving into Stillness, by Erich Schiffmann
- The Radiance Sutras, by Lorin Roche
- Light on Life, by BKS Iyengar
And, my most favorite Ayurveda books:
We have a fun sound-project in the works. I would LOVE it if you would answer the following questions (which will be shared on a future episode):
- why do you practice yoga?
- what are your most potent practices?
You can send your answer (along with your name and global location) to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can do this in written form, but it would be super amazing if you created a voice memo on your smart phone and send it via email.
- Please introduce yourself “I’m Kelly from Portland, Oregon” at the beginning of your clip.
Couple of reminders, even though I’m going on a 2 month maternity leave from in-person public classes and all privates in July and August, there are lots of ways we stay connected: you can join me in the Wildcat Yoga Club (where fresh classes will continue to be released during that time), practice with me on Yoga Anytime (code SUNROSE gets you 30 days free) or purchase a meditation or course for download in my online shop.
Thank you so much for listening.
You can download this episode to any device by clicking here.
I adore hearing from you. Please share YOUR book recommendations, questions or practice insights and we’ll incorporate them into a future podcast. Stay in touch by emailing email@example.com or by connecting on social media (I hang out on Instagram most frequently these days).