It is such a treat to introduce today’s guest: Devon Riley.
In her own words, Devon practices and teaches yoga, writes, parents, reads books, makes photographs, grows food and flowers, and cooks dinner daily. She is a modern Buddhist, an intersectional feminist, and a talker.
Devon’s teaching—and her own embodied awareness practice—emphasizes practical, physical skills for connecting with inner and outer support, noticing and integrating creative responses to discomfort, and reaching beyond cyclic self-talk to establish safe spaces of self-trust. She says, “I work hard to stay steady in my skin while making space for people where they are, as they are, to show up as they can.”
Learn more about Devon at her site: Practice with Devon.
Of course she is the perfect fit for the conversations we have around here.
Thank you for being here.
Thank you, Devon, for sharing your-self.
You can download this conversation to any device by clicking here.
- Most of the archived practice podcasts have migrated to our online community, the Wildcat Yoga Club. Want to practice together? Head over there.
- Registration is now open for our next immersion. Cosmic Breath: A pranayama immersion, will run from November 1-December 21, 2017. This is a deep dive into the breath. In this immersion, we’ll study:
- Experiential anatomy and physiology of breathing;
- Intermediate pranayama techniques;
- Developing a daily pranayama practice with skill and curiosity.
- Early-bird pricing runs through 8/8. Learn more here.
- Our 150-hour, Advanced Teacher Training will run from March 2018-June 2019. Registration and more details will be up on my main site >> sunroseyoga.com << by the end of the week.
We have a fun sound-project in the works. I would LOVE it if you would answer the following questions (which will be shared on a future episode):
- why do you practice yoga?
- what are your most potent practices?
You can send your answer (along with your name and global location) to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can do this in written form, but it would be super amazing if you created a voice memo on your smart phone and send it via email.
- Please introduce yourself “I’m Kelly from Portland, Oregon” at the beginning of your clip.
Also, every month I donate 15% of my income to organizations and funds that align with the mission & values of my work (read more here). For June, any purchases made in the Sunrose Yoga Shop, Wildcat Yoga Club and all other classes will support these two organizations.
Stay in the loop by joining my newsletter list. I send out 1-2 emails a month.
Thank you for being here. LOVE.