THRILLED to be here with you today, sweethearts!
Episode 159 of Samadhi Rush is a sweet, spacious conversation I had with yogini Roseanne Harvey. Roseanne is a writer, yoga teacher and community organizer in Victoria, BC, Canada. She writes about yoga and culture at It’s All Yoga, Baby, a widely read blog known for questioning, provoking thought and shining a critical light on yoga culture ~ while celebrating community, service, creativity, the independent spirit and good ol’ fun. Roseanne is also the co-editor (with Carol Horton) of 21st Century Yoga: Culture, Practice, and Politics, an anthology of essays by some of the most cutting edge voices in the North American yoga community.
Thanks so much to Roseanne for stopping by for tea and conversation!
Connect with Roseanne on social media–
In this conversation, Roseanne and I talked about lots of books, people and places:
- Sivanada book of yoga
- Yasodhara Ashram
- Hatha Yoga: Hidden Language, by Swami Sivananda Radha
- Matthew Remski’s Threads of Yoga
- The Ritual of Joy
- Roseanne’s recent expose on the Santa Fe Yoga Festival
- Roseanne’s podcast pics: On Being; This American Life; Radio Lab; Death, Sex + Money; Liberated Body; Call Your Girlfriend
- Mystery Show!
- Immerse yourself in the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita on Yoga Anytime. James Boag skillfully and tenderly shares the universe in Chapter 2 of the Gita. So. Good. Be my guest for 30-days free on Yoga Anytime by entering the code 6525YAE when you sign up.
- We’ll gather for another At-Home Retreat in September. Our theme is NOURISH. Join us. It’s always free.
SO happy to be here together. I LOVE hearing from you. Please keep in touch, sweet-hearts!
leave a voice message on speakpipe
You can listen right here by pressing play. You can download the episode here. You can listen in any podcast player (like the podcast app, stitcher, overcast, etc., by searching for Samadhi Rush). Subscribe in your favorite podcast player for ease.
(Photo of Roseanne by EK Park.)