Sweet beloveds, I am so happy we are here together today. This episode is all about dropping deeper into your own practice. As I mentioned in episode 146 of Samadhi Rush, this is my season for practice (abhyasa, in yoga-talk), and here I talk about ways to create space for deepening your own practice. I am so glad you are here.
I would love for this to be a conversation. A space for your voice. What is inspiring you right now? What would you like to learn? Please leave a voice mail on my google voice line or via speakpipe and I will create content that matters to you.
Also, I’m finishing up my special gift for donors and reviewers! It is a linotype print of the muladhara chakra! (I’ll post some pics on Instagram later.) Make sure to email me your mailing address if you donate or review us in iTunes. Thank you!!
You can listen right here. You can download this episode right here. You can also listen from your smartphone using any podcast app, searching on “samadhi rush” and subscribing. Let me know if it would be helpful to have a tutorial on how to listen.
My prescription for finding the subtle in your yoga practice feels like a spiral, but I will list it out for clarity:
- Create an intention & write it down.
- Commit to daily practice.
- Follow your fascination.
- Practice yoga in ACTION through the yoga of relationship and self-study.
- Study the texts.
- Hold on to let go. Yoga Sutra 1.12.
Other posts, episodes and books that might be useful:
- Yoga Sutra 1.33: 51, 53, 55, 86, Seeing Yourself in Others, Objectivity-Compassion-Equanimity as Acts of Self-Love.
- Original Yoga by Richard Rosen.
- Metta Meditation// Lovingkindness
- Yoga Sutra 1.12: 126, Practice Makes Practice
I ADORE hearing from you all. Your stories of slow, subtle, RADICAL transformation are the nectar of the universe. Thank you.
leave a voice message on speakpipe
This podcast is blessed with support from listeners from all over this planet. Thank you all so much for supporting the mission. To donate securely on paypal, click here. Thank you. You can also support us by sharing the podcast with all of your friends and by leaving a rating in iTunes. I am so grateful for you.
Donors get special extra gifts from me. (SO MUCH FUN!)
Thank you. You can also support us by sharing the podcast with all of your friends and by leaving a rating in iTunes. I am so grateful for you.
- Portland, Oregon friends, our yogi brother Ryan Hofrichter has co-created a weekly group called Befriending Belonging, which explores ease in relationship. Wednesdays at 7pm at Unfold Studios. Learn More.
- Our yogini sister Arwen Bennett writes beautifully. Here is a wonderful (wonder-full) piece she wrote about seeing clearly, holding space and the essence of living your yoga.
- If you are interested in practicing with me via VIDEO, check out my channel on Yoga Anytime. I had an absolute ball making the videos and would love to practice with you there. If you are new to Yoga Anytime, please be my guest for 30 days of free practice by entering the code 6525YAE.
- To stay up-to-date on all of the news around here and for extra-special practices, be sure to sign up for my bi-monthly newsletter.
- Have news for the community? Email me and I’ll post it here. firstname.lastname@example.org