Today’s podcast features a conversation I had with Margaret Jacobsen about self-care. We delve into the ways we care for ourselves as mothers, activists and humans. Margaret talks about the importance of safe spaces specifically for people of color. They share a perspective that is at once realist and (yet) full of hope. Margaret inspires me every day. I think this is an important conversation, and I’m really grateful you are here listening.
Thank you. Thank you, Margaret.
More about our guest:
Margaret is a writer + artist + organizer, living, and growing in Portland Oregon. They have mothered two children, raising two cats, and wishing they had 5 dogs. They love people, but also love their bed just as much. Wine is their best friend, and they identify as a plant person.
Margret is an organizer of Black Self-Care Day and Black & Latinx Self-Care Day here in Portland. They also organize “Let’s Talk” — “a discussion and activist group that was born out of the idea of taking discussions about politics and race off of the internet. Doing it face to face. To humanize each other. To support each other. To help other organizations within our communities, and to stretch and grow personally.”
Thank you so much to Margaret for being here and to you for listening.
Thanks for listening everyone.
You can download this episode to any device right here. Subscribe in any podcast app by searching for “Yoked Podcast”.
Like the show? Please subscribe in your favorite podcast app, share with your friends and rate us on iTunes. Thank you so much.
Please connect with questions, feedback and insight.
Keep in touch. Stay close. I love you, and I love hearing from you.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- voicemail: speakpipe
- twitter: @kellysunrose
- instagram: @kelly_sunrose
- facebook: Kelly Sunrose Yoga
- The Sunrose Yoga Shop is full of offerings to support your practice: guided meditations, courses, books. Check it out. Check it innnnnn.
- I’m teaching at the Sedona Yoga Festival in March! Hope to see some of you there. For 11% off the ticket price, use code KELLY
- OUR NEXT Mini-Retreat is Happening in PORTLAND on February 18, 2017: a day of yoga, delicious food and a trip to the sauna. Mark your calendars. Space will be extremely limited.
- OUR NEXT IMMERSION begins in APRIL: BECOMING WHO YOU ARE// The Wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita. 8 weeks. STOKED.
- I’m hard at work constructing the WILDCAT YOGA CLUB. This is our online space for practice-study and connection. When the clubhouse opens, you’ll have access to yoga classes, tutorials, lectures, video blogs and monthly online group meditations. To receive your invitation, sign up here.
Self-care is step one in doing the big work: all of the past at-home retreats I’ve shared over the years will be available in the Wildcat Yoga Club, which is opening super-duper soon.
The Wildcat Yoga Club is our online yoga community. The Clubhouse is currently under construction and will open soon. Membership in the club gives you access to over 8 years of past yoga and meditation practice podcasts and all forthcoming audio and video practices, plus lectures, tutorials, video Q&A sessions, monthly online gatherings for meditation, active listening and embodied voice plus discounts on all courses, retreats and products. All for $15 per month. I have the privilege of connecting with so many brilliant students around the world. Now, the Wildcat Yoga Club will connect all of you! A dream come true. To receive an invitation, submit your email here.